Password Protect PDF Document without any Software
|Internet media type||application/pdf|
|Description:||The Portable Document Format (PDF) is a universal file format invented in 1993 year by Dr. John Warnock from Adobe Systems. This invention caused the paper-to-digital revolution, because the main purpose of inventing PDF was to make document look the same way as the original version on any computer or device.|
|Technical Details:||Every PDF file has a structure with fixed formatting and information about fonts and graphic elements on each page of a document. PDF document may contain different types of elements, such as buttons, hyperlinks, bookmarks, or annotations. PDF documents have complete description of a fixed-layout flat document that makes PDF similar to vector graphics file formats.|
|Initial Release:||15 June 1993|
How to password protect a PDF online
- Type AltoPasswordPDF in your browser and open the web page.
- Find the Choose File option and select the document you need to encrypt from your device.
- Enter a password and press Protect File Now.
- Download the protected file to your device or save it to an online storage service like Google Drive.
- Use additional tools if necessary. Send the file, edit it or add an e-signature
- Proceed with another document or finish the process.
Die Vergleichstabelle der herausragenden Merkmale
Aufgrund der Vielzahl der Konkurrenten im Web kann die Auswahl einer idealen Software eine Herausforderung sein - insbesondere, wenn Sie sie nicht genau mit den Alternativen vergleichen. Unsere Vergleichstabelle hilft Ihnen dabei, Ihre Lieblingslösung einfach auf Protect PDF Documents zu finden. Lernen Sie die Vorwärtsfunktionen von AltoPassword kennen.
|No software downloads||✔||✔||❌|
|Cloud storage||Unlimited||No info||No info|
|Price||Free||Free 7-Day Trial paid||Free 7-Day Trial paid|
|Encryption and security||✔||✔||✔|
How to Password PDF Files
How to add a password to PDF files online
The quickest way to protect your doc is to create a PDF password with the help of AltoPasswordPDF, a specialized software, that does just that. The service is cloud-based, so you don’t need to download anything from the Internet or take up your device’s memory. Plus, it lets you use the solution from any device: desktop, tablet, laptop and even smartphone. The only thing you need is a stable internet connection.
Here is the list of steps you should follow in order to password protect PDF files for free:
- Open the online solution in your preferred web browser.
- Export a document from your device or cloud storage.
- Invent a password (it must consist of at least eight symbols).
- Check your encryption by clicking on the eye symbol.
- Download or upload the encrypted file wherever you need it.
This solution is perfect for those who have to deal with large amounts of paperwork. AltoPasswordPDF has no restrictions in terms of the number of documents you can password protect per day. Lock your documents, share them with others and be sure your data is intact and well-protected.
If you need to send an important document via email, it has to be encrypted in advance. In order to do it, open AltoPasswordPDF, create a suitable password for your document and save the changes. After that, you can be sure that the information the file contains will be available only to people who you gave the PDF password to.